Monday, June 16, 2008

Last is First

OBTC 2008 ended at noon last Saturday. Nearly 350 wonderful teaching persons spent three days and nights creating an event - the 35th annual OBTC - none will soon forget. I don't know if anyone will have any inclination to read this last OBTC Blog, but I must close the circle with one more thought.

The last class we teach in a given semester starts us thinking about how we'll do the first of the next cycle of courses better than our best previous results. This is how life has honored us for our scholarship and choice of career. We get to bring new ideas to life in our lessons and the context we design to contain our experience as teaching learners and learners teaching.

No, I am not going to be OBTC Program Coordinator for 2009. But, now, a bit more rested, I realize that what the next team does first to bring us to Charleston, SC next June builds upon all that our team did this June. I'll pitch in, for now our purpose is even more compelling to me. Inspired teaching.

With all due respect for what it takes to conduct research leading to publication, I have no doubt at all that people are paying colleges for what only inspired teachers can give them with our presence and devotion to their success. To quote the theme of a great conference - Mind Blowing Learning.

Thank you for reading these. I'd love to correspond. E-mail me at fearon@ccsu.edu.

And so, the OBTC Blog ends.

No comments: