Monday, October 15, 2007

"Blow their minds"

We are adopting a rather audacious logo for the conference. It is a figure of a very surprised little version of the classic Smiley Face (see it on the Webpage for our Call www.obtc.org ) The message is "Blow their minds!". Why this? I believe that most conventions of teaching management and organizational behavior, while effective, do not stir oneself as a teacher to entreprenuerial ways of teaching nor learners to break lose from custom and learn differently. Our review process will, of course, consider all proposals. I'll be looking for the ones that can at least make the windows of the Mind shake and rattle. Even I, the originator of this theme, might not be teaching on my best days to lift those heads in utter surprise, but I do love to be reminded that our hiring world is counting on innovation to sustain them. Conventional thinker/learners are not likely to bestir and invigorate. What do you think?

No comments: