Thursday, March 20, 2008

"I find myself thinking of Mgt 426 all the time"

"I find myself thinking of Mgt 426 all the time", wrote a student signing off Unit Six of Mgt 425 Business Organizatonal Behavior.

Victory!

An Entreprenuerial Teacher in Progress,my course design is benignly insidious. I want my learners to notice humans being organziations wherever they go in their day. I want them to notice themselves being the several organizations they perform for income and/or for knowledge.

This should, when it works as it seems to be working for this student, enhance their appetite for explanations. It should make them seek reasons to bolster their reasoning about why things seem to be going right, wrong, or undeterminantly in between.

An entreprenuer has something to sell and a burning desire to sell it in ways that sustain the buying.

An Entreprenuerial Teacher sells explanatory material and rules for using it for making better sense of the subject at hand.

Do not our theories of human behaving as organizations serve to explain or clarify? Are they not valuable in the hands of those who know how to use them for clarification, construction, decipherment, elucidation, exegesis, explication, exposition, illumination, illustration, or interpretation?

Victory is mine, when student like this one cannot go through a day without being reminded that here, back at the farm, he can find a professor ready and able to sell.

Do you find this notion of selling jarring?

Care to comment?

No comments: